Wednesday 19 September 2012

Magazine photograms

Like we created photograms of objects previously in the darkroom, I created a photogram from a magazine image. I chose this particular page due to it linking into my theme 'sense of place'

Before being inverted -


After being inverted in photoshop -


I found that the details of the original image where mainly intact, however the images from the other side had come through, giving a layered and cluttered effect to the image. I could obtain this effect with my own images by printing on both sides of a piece of paper and developing them in the dark room.


I then added colour in photoshop to my magazine photogram. Instead of doing this realistically I decided to go with a partial coloured pop art affect to add to the clustered look.

No comments:

Post a Comment