Thursday 13 September 2012

Pinhole photography


I explored the option of pinhole photography at the end of last year's unit using a tin and a rounded piece of photo paper. My first results (seen above) I was pleased with, however with a few more attempts I found the images came out clearer - perhaps due to the less overcast weather and the lack of rain. Unfortunately I do not have these images scanned in. However, with the first attempt I thought the effect of the rain on the wooden table was captured well using the pin hole method and from then on I was a fan of the method. 
After having a look on the internet at other pin hole images I decided that I would carry on using this method to capture images, and if I decide to use sense of place as the theme I believe that using pin holes will be a useful tool to me to capture the feel of buildings and landscapes.                                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment